Barbara S's ADC 

ADCRF Home Page
Share ADC (Web Form)
ADC Stories

Part I

Part II

Experience description:

Every free moment, I had been performing searches for the said SYLVIA, who was computer illiterate.  I even had given-up my lunch hour to search for her topic, creating many paper lists for her to look-up the periodicals needed for a class she was taking for her A.S. degree. (She was in her late 50's, at this time. Incidentally, this day was her birthday.)  I had done this before on many occasions for her.  Just before it was time for me to leave, she had an absolute FIT that these articles were not available in "full-text" therefore she was going to have to find the periodicals in our collection, herself.  She was going on and on and on.  I was so angry (as usual) she was not thankful for all my time in efforts put into doing this for her, this was still not enough.  The people I worked with were mortified on how she was acting, like a little kid. Some worried about me when I left, as she had really caused me due stress, which was "written all over my face", which I was told by others later, when I finally got back to work after the accident.)  Here I had done hours and hours of work for her, which she did not have to do, and she was acting like a "banshee!"

I normally do not drive the fifty-five minute trip home with my radio on, as I relish the "peace and quiet" but today I put on the radio as I wanted to "drown out" and stop thinking about my frustration.  I put on the local "rock" station WPDH.  I do not like to drive with music as I found that the faster the music, the more I put the "peddle to the metal", and I would drive fast.  I was driving the speed-limit on Route 17 from Sullivan County to Orange County.  I got off the exit ramp and was driving down a country lane, still with the radio blaring and I was busy "grueling" over what had happened, as the music was not soothing me, but more or less was an accompaniment to my anger, a kind of "mood music!"  I was not paying attention to my driving, on this back road, but all of a sudden I looked at my speedometer and I was driving 70 on a road that should have been no more than 35-40 mph! But no sooner that I noticed this I hit a series of potholes...

Now I must include a digression here:  when we bought the car, it had ABS braking system, and on a numerous occasions, I had verbalized to my husband that I thought the car was "going to be the death of me yet" as when I applied the brakes (at low speeds, no less... 10-15 mph, inclusive) the car veered to its right.  I would have to fight and tug with it to make it go straight when applying the brakes.  It was as if it had a "mind of its own" in defiance, as it kept "pulling to the right."

Meanwhile, when I hit the series of potholes, I started to tap the brakes, and it did not good, I then hit the brakes and they "froze" and then I tapped.  Somehow I missed a car that had just gone past me going in the opposite direction (and they saw this happen, a female... who stopped) and I left the pavement and was in a "field" heading for a series of big- trunked trees. I could not release my seatbelt.  I tried, to no avail.  I was pulling and tugging at the wheel trying to get the car to go between the trees, and I had just bought gasoline, a full tank about 15 miles, back.  At this moment, I recalled a member of my father's congregation (she was the department-head of Nursing at the local community college), back in the early 1960's had a Volkswagen "bug" and she had just bought gasoline and she was going over an embankment, and she remembered to turn the ignition off, turn the key, and those in attendance at the time said that had she not have done that, she wouldn't have survived.  I tried to turn off the key and I could not get it to turn in the ignition. I tried to throw the "shifter" into reverse or a lower gear and it wouldn't go.  All the while this was happening I heard the following "going on" in the back seat of the car:



I knew that I was going to hit the tree so I held the wheel with my arms extended straight out, twisted my torso to my right as far as I could into that passenger side section of the car, and took the impact... dead center of the hood area, and the dashboard hit me in my left rib, the airbags barely deployed (the drivers one did not envelope the inside circumference of the steering wheel!) On impact, the seatbelt came undone.  There was glass all around me, and I could not get either door to open.  I insisted on having a car with NO ELECTRONIC WINDOWS,  so I was lucky to roll-down the passenger side window, and go up and out through that.  I grabbed my handbag inside the car, and started to run across this "field" toward the house and I heard a voice of an elder woman scream "my God, you are alive" (Mrs. Pitinger) and I knew that I mustn't have broken bones as I was able to run towards the house.  As I ran (this was about 600 feet from the tree to the house) the car burst out into flames...

had the seatbelt not come undone, I would have been burned alive, FULLY CONSCIOUS!  I do not know what it was that happened inside the car that day.  All the things that I was able to "perform" in such a minute period of time, which seemed like 'forever', yet "quick"... are unfathomable.  I told my family immediately, and my father was not one to "discredit" anything, and he said he felt there might have been a "possibility", who knows?!

Those who I have carefully chosen to disclose this information to, not a one, seemed to mock it in their facial expressions when I told them, and certainly not in what was conveyed in conversation. 

Modine Alner said that it sure "sounded very much like" her parents.  I do not know.

I have a picture of what was left of my Neon, should anyone wish that I forward it as an attachment to an email.

I am a very lucky person, as aforementioned... had the seatbelt not come undone, I would have been cremated alive, fully conscious.

I do not know how all those things happened in a matter of a few hundred feet at such a speed--!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I was not aware of having any sort of shape nor form of a human body, but I was able to hear and no verbal communication but must have communicated via telepathy. I was in a jet black colored room but with a "window" overlooking the universe. It was a "y" shaped "chamber." Just prior to my being in it, the beings had been discussing me (this was to my knowledge, without my even being there) and then someone had to notify me to come there. (I have no idea where I was at this point, I just know I wasn't there and am aware that I had to be "fetched.") I don't know how I entered the room, there were no doors in it, it was completely "sealed" as was "the window on the universe." I was in the center of it, upon "entry." (I just appeared in this spot.) For some strange reason "placement" of everything is very important. I inquired about RELIGION (I evidently loved my prior beliefs) and was told "the old religions as well as THE LANGUAGE was now a lost religion and lost language; but everything is going to be okay, I was going to assimilate without any problem, not to worry about it, it was going to be fine. As this was being said, I was shown a long "tube" that was very dark (to my left; as I was facing "the window on the universe") and at the very end of the tube, way deep into it (far left) I could see a bright light burning and I was told that was the light of the very beginnings. It was like a "time" tube. The old religions and evidently what I once knew was way down in the tube near the light. Then, to the far right was another like tube and I was told that the period in time I was going was in there... and "halfway" into the tube was a brighter light and wider and thicker light and that light was the end of time. I was going to LIVE very near that light. (At this point not quite knowing if I were to be witness to THE END, but pretty close to it.) Right after this, we moved to what I would consider the back of the chamber, opposite "the window on the universe" and this section was devoid of any light, black in color. Beings without shape or form needed to discuss with me my future parents. I was give a choice of three. The first was a lovely older couple, without children, very good people. I immediately felt these were the ones but I guess they felt I had "my rights" to CHOOSE so they told me about two other couples and I indicated "no, no", I want this couple. I knew that my future father must be sickly and they needed a compassionate, mild child and I would be that for them-- the best I could be. I wanted to be this for them and not to send anyone else in my stead because they were such good people and I didn't want another "being" to inflict any harm or hurt to them. Then came "the discussion" on what sex I was to be. I did NOT want to be a female. I wanted to be a male because I did not want to go through the loss of children who would die in childbirth or at a early age, I (evidently) went through such great sorrows regarding that. I was told that I really had no choice in the matter because the being that I had to help in this lifetime which I agreed to help (evidently, I already knew this "person" and was in full agreement to go to earth to "straighten out", I loved very dearly. This "person" was going to be a male.) I agreed to my being a female with the promise that I would never have children and go through what evidently I once did, and with the promise that no matter how hard I tried to get pregnant, do NOT allow me to become so thus, it was totally agreed upon. I knew that I had to find this MALE and help him get through life so that he wouldn't be damned. (He must have been in alot of trouble and they wanted him to redeem himself.) I went to put my non-existent feet end into the tube at the right to get ready to go and then everything went black and I wasn't "there" any longer.

I recall a long room with window wall (with semi-closed blinds) to my left. A light colored wall opposite the window wall. Sheets over a long body (couldn't see the face; I believe it to be my mother) and my being swept up in a small body, put upside down and being held by my feet as my rear end was slapped and then by back, but I do not recall throwing up, and then all of a sudden (I assume it was the doctor was happy that if finally came out of me) and then handed me over to (a nurse? There were two) and they quickly took me into another room around the back of the wall that had tubs and cabinets which were white) and there was a door which they took me through by the window wall and on the other side of the cabinets, a door (both with white wooden frames) also. Both were door less. They took me naked underneath a white blanket. Then the one carrying me took me into the doctor again and it was like she acted as if she forgot to do something and it was as if she had the expression of "silly me." I was taken in for a bath.

I don't remember anything else in-between, but when I was an infant, I remember lying on a white pillowcase pillow in the middle of my maternal grandmother's dining room table seeing condiments and plates and all kinds of eating implements surrounding me as family members sat around the table and ate. I would stare up at an angel (plastic with a "ring" embedded on it, which was a rattle -- I still have it somewhere, there was also one on my paternal grandmother's dining room light above her table, one plastic ring was pink, the other blue, and I still had the pink one) and the light. I recall looking over the shoulders of family members at my grandmother's china cabinet.

I recall being diapered on my grandmother's bed. My mother and she were in the room doing so. I recall a particular conversation about my legs bouncing back (into the fetal position) and my grandmother (who had been a nurse, many times in the delivery room) assuring my mother that in due time my legs would straighten out and stop bouncing back into "position."

I remember being a baby and looking from my crib among many stuffed animals and in particular, a large stuffed soft dog that was almost my size and seeing in the dark room, the forms of my parents in their bed. I remember each morning getting my morning bottle and eagerly awaiting it, drinking it and then falling back to sleep.

As an infant in a carriage, I recall the carriage being pushed to my paternal grandmother's home on St. Stephen's Place in New Dorp Staten Island.

As an infant I recall a particular incident at my maternal grandmother's where she held me on her lap and then put me in the carriage so I could watch my cousin's have a "snowball 'fight'" and frolic in the snow. My cousin Jane was around eight and her brother Bill was one year and one week older than me. I remember thinking that one day (and I "said" in this thought -- in about seven or eight [years] I too would be able to do that when I am older but can't do it now.)

The day after my second birthday, we moved from Staten Island, New York to Philadelphia where my father studied at The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Mount Airy. So the next fact that I am going to reveal was prior to my being two years of age. My father took me to his church in Stapleton, Staten Island (Trinity Lutheran Church) and I saw the young pastor there and his last name was Green. I recall the "eagle" lecturn, and Pastor Green was there in the chancel. I had a "crush on him." I recall going to church services prior to this where I would stare at the kneelers and when they were in a down position, I would sit on them. We sat to the right of the church under an "eve" not not in the main part and less than 1/4 of the way near front. Over thirty years later, I attended my father's uncle's funeral and just prior to our going there (I hadn't been in it since) I told my father about where we sat and how I sat on the kneeler and he said I was totally correct where we sat and what I insisted on doing. One day, Pastor Green (or so I thought it was going to be him, and didn't realize that it very well could have been my Grandmother's Pastor) was going to visit and I was so excited that I took all my toys that were all over the place and quickly put them into my toy box to "straighten up" for his visit. I think that it wound-up being her pastor who came, I can not recall who did show up. Fifty+ years later, I told my mother this and she was surprised that I remembered PASTOR GREEN because I was so young to remember him! She was surprised I had a crush on him. I know also that I had a crush on another seminarian friend of my Dad's named ROY OLSEN. I remember when he got married being outside a brick church and was very unhappy over the fact that he was getting married, I was jealous. I.E.: at a young age, I evidently was very aware of heterosexuality.

Dad graduated from Wagner College (Staten Island) and just prior to the exercises (and yes, I was under two years of age and remember the occasion), there was a function which he took me to in the gymnasium where the students sang (we stood a lot during the ceremonies, Dad held me, and we were about ten rows from the front at the left near a bank of window about five persons in from the end of the row, not near the center aisle which we were about eight to ten people in from) and at the end "the royalty" of the evening declared that the incoming freshman students (and for the rest of the year, the existing freshman) didn't have to wear "beany type" hats and they were so thrilled they tossed them up in the air.

My father started seminary (The Lutheran Theological Seminary, Mt. Airy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) when I was two years of age, and I recall going to the Krauth Memorial Library and was thrilled seeing forms above me and below me through the frosted glass floors. I remember the grand green metal stairway focal point of the library.

My parents were house parents at Carson Valley School in Flourtown, Pennsylvania while my Father was attending seminary. The first night we were there, on the wall was this contraption that ever so often a loud sucking noise would keep us awake. I got scared because it was in my bedroom and my parents came rushing in, Dad picked me up and we stared at this apparatus located near the ceiling in the corner of the room as it kept "going off." Later, in the day my Mom called and found out from the farmer on the grounds that when the cows drank water in the fields, they would push down on the flapper and would suck in the water, and this was for the farmer to be aware, and that is the action which we would here in this particular house (named "Stork Hill.") Immediately moving in, the day after my second birthday, I got very, very sick. Our three room "apartment" was on the upper floor of the "A-frame"-like house and Mom would have to go to the basement with my vomit covered bed linens and attempt to do laundry (she would go to the stairwell and listen for me.) This was a "boy's house" and I remember walking on teal painted wood dilapidated chicken coops on the hill behind the house. I was in the backyard once and one of the boys teased me about my dirty diapers and I stopped needing them right after out of sheer embarrassment.

I remember being with my maternal grandmother (using the potty chair in her basement where she did the wash) and her going out to tend to the oil man and I was playing in the basement and she was just going to be a "minute" and all of a sudden I wanted to go to her and I looked up at the lock (a push button and sliding mechanism) and I couldn't open the door and I screamed "somebody, anybody HELP!!!!!!!!!!!" Quite a number of times until rescued!

My father, as a seminarian, pastored a church (Christ Lutheran, Great Kills, Staten Island) and at Christmastime we were at The Pastor's home and his children dialed "Santa" on the phone and we heard Santa. I got home and tried to do it on my maternal grandmother's phone and I got an operator saying "hello, hello, may I help you...!!!!?????!!!" I got so scared that I hung up.

While at Carson Valley School (Flourtown, Pennsylvania), we moved from Stork Hill to "girl's house" -- Lower Beech. While at Lowe Beech, my father wanted me to include in a letter to his mother some childish scribble. I looked at his writing, which I could not understand and I remember thinking, it will be a while until I can do that, but I will be able to do it. I remember being "overwhelmed" thinking how am I going to learn all that I need to learn-- but it will all "come" in due time.

I recall much in my infancy.

I had trouble my entire married life trying to get pregnant and I was artificially inseminated ten times (five cycles.) I had lots of eggs, they were very big. The doctor 's(Dr. John Jeffrey Stangel, Rye, New York)staff member who inseminated me thought I would come back pregnant, I never did. I never smoked (nor marijuana), nor took drugs; never drank.

When I was about 28, I kept recalling about what I indicated pre-existence of my "deal" and as I was not getting pregnant, I remained calm because I recalled my "promise"; I kept hoping I would get pregnant with each insemination (basically, to save my marriage as my husband came from a Dutch family, he was the last male in his Clan and I was very pressured to have THE MALE CHILD.) I knew it wouldn't happen but I tried. I never told him, I never told anyone about my pre-pact; I knew anyone I told would think I was "crazy." I have been fully aware of pre-existence recalls for sometime. The first time I heard of it was when my father was in Chaplaincy training at Philadelphia (Biberry) State Hospital in 1964 when he told us of a young girl who talking of her own experiences. Years later, when I was discussing a number of things that he told us about during this era such as people claiming they were dead and saw "a light" and were resuscitate; and people hearing directly from GOD, I asked Dad if he believed in any of this and his response was "until it is proven otherwise." I thought that my first husband was God's gift to me (I considered him) and was positive he was the person to whom I needed to find and help "reform" in this life. I was married to him for 34 years and he liked young nude dancers which I found out about during the 18th year of my marriage but tried desperately to live up to my marriage vows. Finally, it was impossible to live with him anymore and he gave me no other choice but to divorce him. I am thankful I did. I prayed to God so much about saving my marriage and one day after something so terrible happened with him I changed my prayers to God saying "please, remove my love for him and please find me someone who can help me through all of this, someone I can love and be loved by and leave this man once and for all." When I changed my desperation of staying with him and the tune was "your WILL, will be done" there was no love left in me for him. I found the man who came from such a life that I am hoping to make better than his first fifty years of his life. He was never married and had a tough life. I believe I was led to his path via unbelievable circumstances and could not find him until technology founded such facilitators such as The Internet. The man I married has religion and we share many like interests. His location was 1,300 miles from where I existed in New York State; he on The Mississippi Gulf coast. TIME is of the utmost importance evidently, and I was just winding-up my career as a librarian freeing me up for me to move without consequence job-wise. I never dreamed I could love someone as much as I love this man. We married two years ago. Ironically, he and my former husband had the same birthday's. Since "things" happen in three's it is the date my brother was to have been born; but alas, he was born dead in August of that year. Mom was told after two miscarriages between me and he, she should never attempt having another child. Many times, I had planned on revealing this to such studies as yours but I would hold back because always fearful of ridicule. I know the importance of such studies being a librarian in academia for nearly three decades. I finally decided it was time to reveal what was NOT A DREAM, in the recesses of my mind it is called a "KNOWING." I had a NDE, and despite all that to the best of my knowledge of which I am aware... I am still scared to death of dying, being dead. All the religious upbringing, and my strong beliefs, I still fear death.

I mentioned about the "importance" of PLACEMENT. When the overpass/arterial for Route 17 out of Mahwah, New Jersey was made to connect with The New York State Thruway in Suffern, New York -- it was if there was a confirmation of the "y"-room from whence I came. Every time I would be in that area, I would instantly remember (D�J� VOUS) -- it was as if that room is hovering above the intersection in another dimension.

My maternal grandmother was born with a CAUL over her face; and she died in 1972; prior to her death, I would think of something and Mom would call her and she would indicate that she had thought of the same thing. It was very uncanny.

Was this experience difficult to express in words?  No

What was hard was trying to figure out who it would be "safe" to communicate this to.  Not one single soul indicated to me that they thought this to be "crazy" as I feared they would feel.

The first people I told this to were: my spouse, my parents, and a few of my co-worker "friends".

Did you ONLY sense an awareness of presence of the deceased without actually seeing, hearing, feeling or smelling them?           


Did you hear the deceased or hear something associated with the deceased?          Yes

            Describe what you heard, how clearly you heard it and what was communicated:   "Clear as a bell"... over my right shoulder, in the back seat of my small compact car, a Dodge NEON. (see #3).

            Did the voice or sound seem to originate externally or outside of you, inside you, or did you not hear a voice or sound, but had a sense of knowing what was communicated?  It was NOT in my head, but sounded from the back seat of my car... I even turned, for a split-second and looked in the back (fully aware that NO ONE WAS IN THE BACK SEAT OF MY CAR), while I heard this argument "going on."

            If you heard a voice or sound, was it similar or dissimilar from the voice or sound the deceased made when they were alive?           It sounded very much like their voices at the time of their deaths, and throughout the later part of their lives, of which time frame I was familiar with. (That is why I was pretty sure on with whom I was identifying.)

            Is there any possibility what you heard was from any other source present in the surroundings at the time of your experience?           Absolutely not.

I was on a QUIET country lane, void of any people within audible sound distance.

            Was there any possible impairment to your hearing at the time of the experience?   Not to my knowledge, nor belief.

Did you feel a touch or experience any physical contact from the deceased?            No

            Was anything communicated by the touch?  No.

Did you see the deceased?         No

            Did the deceased appear or not appear to be the age at which they died?       They SOUNDED as they did during the two decades in which I new them before they died.

            How healthy did the deceased appear to be?            They had slight "accents" which they had in life, which were distinct "identifiers".

Did you smell a distinct smell, scent, fragrance or odor associated with the deceased?      No

            What smell, scent, fragrance or odor did you smell?           But my sense of smell seemed "clearer", more pronounce, but no "special" smell was detected.

How long did the experience last?        A matter of moments.

Was the beginning and end of the experience gradual or more sudden?         It ended as "abruptly" as it started... but the impact of my hitting the tree is what probably "force ended the communiqu�."

Could you sense the emotions or mood of the deceased?           Yes

Agitated, on their part.  Argumentative, on their part.

Did the deceased give you information you did not previously know?  Yes, their wording: "Not this time"; "Not now", "not yet."  ... makes me wonder "when!"?!

How do you currently view the reality of your experience?           Experience was probably real

            Please explain why you view the reality of your experience as real or not real:          From my many readings about this phenomena, and conversations... doubt was introduced.  Was my "brain" playing "tricks" on me as I was hurling towards the tree, or was I witnessing "my life rushing before my very eyes", but I did not get to see "the entire picture" as I LIVED and this interrupted "the rest of the viewing?"?

            Was the experience dream like in any way?   No

clear as could be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Describe in detail your feelings/emotions during the experience:           calm about the "conversation" going on in "the back seat"; worried as I knew my husband would not be "happy" about my TOTALING an almost brand new vehicle; concerned about what could happen to my aged parents if I became a "fatality"; angry at what precipitated this; feeling stupid for being so lackadaisical in my driving ("Lacking spirit, liveliness, or interest; languid: 'There'll be no time to correct lackadaisical driving techniques after trouble develops' (William J. Hampton", "bargaining" if "I get out of this"...alive... many, many emotions all at once, in a very small timeframe.

Was there any emotional healing in any way following the experience?           Yes

I slowed down quite a bit.

What was the best and worst part of your experience?      THE "WAKE-UP CALL!"

Has your life changed specifically as a result of your experience?         Yes

            Describe:      I drive more responsibly, slower.

What other attitudes and beliefs about your experience do you currently have?        
Other belief 
I "just don't 'KNOW!'"

If someone could "confirm" this as to be true, that I did hear from someone in the afterlife...I would be ecstatic.  I am calmly trying to remain cautiously "reserved" about the entire experience.

Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the experience?   Yes

I have seemed to be "less in TUNE" to "feelings". Will explain when time permits.

Did the experience give you any spiritual understandings such as life, death, afterlife, God, etc.?            Uncertain

That GOD was trying to keep me alive on this earth, longer, for whatever HIS reasons may be.

Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events during your experience that could be verified later?          Yes

Their daughter MODINE, said that she thought that I possibly had contact as "it sounded just like them!!!!!!!!!"

What emotions did you feel during the experience?            wild civility

Did you have any sense of altered space or time?   Yes

EVERYTHING mentioned in # 3 happened in a relatively short span of time, yet it seemed "like an eternity", fast, yet, almost slow motion, as when you read # 3, a lot HAPPENED as I was careening toward the tree.

Did you have a sense of knowing, special knowledge, universal order and/or purpose?    Yes

That I was given another CHANCE, for "the time being!"

Did you become aware of future events?       Yes

See #35... I was given a longer time to be on this earth, a reprieve.

Did you have any psychic, paranormal or other special gifts following the experience that you did not have prior to the experience?         Yes

I will write them to you, when time permits.

Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body?     No

Never lost consciousness either.

Have you shared this experience with others?        

Yes, Not a single soul has mocked my "revelation" to them.

Have you shared this experience formally or informally with any other researcher or web site?   No

... not at the moment, you are the first, but I do plan to let other researchers know as I wish to help "this cause", if I may be revealing something much needed.

Were there any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience?            No

Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience?         No 

I abhor drugs, cigarettes, drink or anything that is in excess, addictive.  There is NOTHING in my life that I would "need" to resort to such "crutches!"

Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your experience?               Yes

I sincerely hope so.  It would be most helpful if you could email me these replies so I may review them, and if I find that I need to add to them I may send you an addendum.

Please offer any suggestions you may have to improve this questionnaire.    It would be wonderful if you had a "download" feature where one could send photos if one deems them of possible importance/as possible "proof" (I would like you to see what was left of the car!).  It might be advantageous to inquire of the subject their prior KNOWLEDGE about NDE.

Part II - 3/28/07

Our family has had a lot of "strange things" that have happened to us.

My father had Parkinson's disease, and he was just starting to have major problems (we thought we all would be in for a "long haul". He just died one night -- dove into bed, and the next morning, never awoke. It was wonderful for him, but a surprise for us. We were thankful that he did not have to go through what we were all expecting would happen.) A couple of months before he died, he looked outside our sliding glass door in the front of our home, and said something to the effect of "ah, oh", and I went over and looked outside and did not see anything remarkable. I asked him what he saw. He said "don't you see that little boy out there? Look!" There was NO little boy out there. At first, I thought maybe he thought it was himself, as a child. (My Mother said that just prior to this, he was "seeing" his father who died before my Mother and Father met... i.e. pre-1950. He was saying "Daddy" this "Daddy" that -- almost as if he were speaking to him in the timeframe when he was a young child.)

Then, I thought maybe he saw my brother who was a "spontaneous abortion" in my Mother's sixth month-- as over the years we would talk about him. She had lost two other fetus' between me and my brother (sex unknown as they were only in the first few months of the pregnancy).

A couple of weeks before Dad died, he was sitting in our living room and was very insistent we be quiet as Mr. Brady was taking his picture for posterity. Mr. Brady was getting angry, he didn't want my father to move. Mr. Brady wanted us to be quiet. I kid you not, I was fascinated as my father saw Mr. Brady and there was no one there -- with the exception of my mother and myself... and I was trying to find out if there was a BRADY photography studio on Staten Island (New York) where my parents originally were born and lived for a majority of their lives. Mr. Brady was getting agitated (according to my father) as we were getting noisy-- when we were having this conversation. After 2 1/2 hours, I said "enough". I was angry because I really thought the medications were doing this to my father and I felt he was over medicated, or the medications did not "mix". He had that happen once before, and wound up in an operating room in Cooperstown, N.Y. with a hydrocele. He had severe asthma and arrhythmia. I couldn't find any Brady studios in any of the areas where we lived (Philadelphia area, inclusive.) Two days after Dad died, it "hit me like a ton of bricks"... Brady... Mathew Brady. (Do take a look at what I scanned in for you!!! It sounds very much like what transpired in our living room.)

Page 2   Page 3   Page 4   Page 5

My late father a E.L.C.A. Pastor

attended a ministerial conference in the late 1960's and he came back telling us about a keynote speaker told the Pastors in attendance, of this phenomena. When Moody's book was published, I asked my parents to find it for me as a birthday or Christmas gift, and when I received it, I turned to my father and asked if Moody was the doctor who spoke at the conference. My father took one look at the photograph and shook his head and said "no."

Since my father died, my Mother has been having quick "snippets" of people appearing in her bedroom (and while this is happening she can not understand why a window may be behind this person, but in actuality, there is no window located there) and when she speaks or moves to acknowledge them, they disappear. This has been going on for almost five years now. I told her doctor about it, and she did not seem concerned about it. (I guess she figures, she IS 88 years of age!) I "ignored" and was ignorant (or in denial) to what was "happening" with my father prior to his death, I do not want to do the same with my mother.

As time warrants, I will clue your staff at your site into this "ongoing" saga. (It just seems that in my family there is an "over abundance" of whatever this is.) I was always afraid to talk about this, but I am finding out in this day and age, there are more and more people willing to listen without judgment; and there may be "more to it" than "meets the eye!"

Thank you for replying to my email. "Pictures say a thousand words!"