Gert L's ADC
My Mother told me that a ex-teacher at the high school I had went to had passed away. He hadn't been my teacher and I didn't really know him, but I decided to look up his obituary online a couple weeks later. He had lived in a small town about 20 minutes from where I live. I found the local paper for that town and began looking through the short list of obituaries... before I reached the obituary of the ex teacher, I stumbled upon one for a coworker I hadn't seen in 20 years. Randy had died one week before I found his obituary. The day he had died a bird began perching on my porch light every evening. The bird didn't fly off when anyone opened the door... I thought it was unusual and by the third day I knew the bird was a harbinger or messenger and that someone had died. I never saw the bird again after finding Randy's death notice.
Randy and I had worked together one summer at a restaurant. I had just started college and he was a junior in high school. We were attracted to each other, but I wouldn't date him since he was still in high school. We remained friends for those few months, but didn't do anything together outside of work. I saw him once again about 10 years later.. wanted to talk to him, but I didn't. I don't think he saw (or recognized) me.
After finding his obituary and the experience with the bird I started having more ADC's. Most of them had to do with his name. I will share the most significant ones here.
1. I wanted to buy a piece of jewelry to wear in his memory. While looking at lockets on a Google search I found one I liked which had been listed and sold on etsy.com . I emailed the woman who had made it and she said she could make a similar one for me. I was very surprised when I received it and read the return address label... she lived on Randy St.!
2. During a particular stressful time when my husband and I were moving my daughter off to college I had several name ADC's. We got lost on the college campus and ended up at Randy Hall, at Target our cashier's name was Randy, at the hotel we stayed in the manager's name was Randy and when we ate at a restaurant that had names written all over the walls... there was the name Randy right on the windowsill next to where I had been seated.
3. I have a friend who is a avid scrap booker who makes books for other people. Sometimes when she visits she brings pages for me to look at. One day she brought a stack of about 70 pages and on the very top was the name Randy in big cut out letters! It was a wedding page she was doing. It wasn't where it was supposed to be in the stack and even she was surprised that the page was not in order like the rest. At that time she didn't know I had lost a friend named Randy.
4. Randy had a unique truck when I knew him. It was an old truck in an odd color. One day I asked God/angels/whoever if these ADC's were real.. if they were I needed to see an old truck in the color as his as confirmation. 2 days later I am driving through town and someone pulls in front of me.. in the back window of their car is one of those collectible cars.. it is a truck of the same make and model and the same odd color of Randy's.
5. There is a photo of Randy on a old Myspace page. In the photo there is a clock in the background. The hands are pointing to the month and day of his death.
Another little oddity is that Randy and I had both lived on the same street but in different towns and we both had the number 91 in our addresses. His wife and my husband both graduated from the same school and the same year. I've got a lot more name ADC's especially the first year and a half following his death. I've also got a lot of 'heart' and hawk ADC's.
Was this experience
difficult to express in words?
Did you hear the deceased or hear something associated with the deceased? No
Did you feel a touch or experience any physical contact from the deceased? No
Did you see the deceased? No
Did you smell a distinct smell, scent, fragrance or odor associated with the deceased? No
Could you sense the emotions or mood of the deceased? No
Did the deceased give you information you did not previously know? No
How do you currently view the reality of your experience? Experience was definitely real
Please explain why you view the reality of your experience as real or not real: The experiences were definitely real... the question is were they really ADC's from Randy.
Was the experience dream like in any way? No
Describe in detail your feelings/emotions during the experience: I felt the experiences were mystical and magical. They made me feel important and loved. It was as if they were 'gifts'.
What was the best and worst part of your experience? The best part is the feeling that I am somehow a part of something bigger, that life does go on. The worst part is that the experiences have pretty much quit happening.
Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the experience? No Did the experience give you any spiritual understandings such as life, death, afterlife, God, etc.? Yes I think there is more to the short lived relationships we have. I mean I barely knew him and yet I feel there was.. and still is this amazing connection between us. I'd had lots of close relatives pass on and yet I haven't received any ADC's from any of them.
Death Compacts are when two or more living people promise among themselves that whoever dies first will try to contact the other(s). Have you ever made such a compact? No
What emotions did you feel during the experience? Happy. Joyful.
Was the experience witnessed or experienced by others? Yes
The bird was seen by several other people, but the experiences only had meaning for me.
Did you have any psychic, paranormal or other special gifts following the experience that you did not have prior to the experience? No
Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? No
Did you see a light? No
Have you shared this experience with others? Yes I have shared parts of this on other forums. Some people believed what I had were ADC's and other I think believe they were just coincidences.
Have you shared this experience formally or informally with any other researcher or web site? No
Is there anything else you would like to add regarding your experience? As a married woman I almost felt like I was having an 'emotional affair' with the deceased. I found great joy in the ADC's, while 'real life' wasn't near as wonderful or mystical.
Were there any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience? No
Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? No
Did you ever in your life have a near-death experience, out of body experience or other spiritual event? No