Home PageShare ADCADC Stories

Linda P's ADCs

Experience description:  

Yes! My Dad slipped into a coma about 10 days before he passed away. I was at that time staying at my parent's house with my 3 kids, to help take care of my dad. In February I had withdrawn from the University I was going to, to move in with them to help my mom to take care of my Dad. I had received a call from my sister, Sheryl, that my mom was at the hospital with my dad and that she was crying. Now this might not sound unusual that my mom was crying, but during my lifetime, my siblings, and I had never once seen her cry. When I had gotten that call, I had actually been in the hospital myself, in Eureka, Ca, with severe abdominal pain, being recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. My sister told the nurses that I would want to leave the hospital after I had gotten off the phone with her and to be prepared to remove my IV - she knew me pretty well. There was a nurse standing in my room while I talked to my sister. I told the nurse that I had to leave, and I signed the papers that I was leaving against medical advice while she removed the IV. I got dressed, and drove straight to Sierra View Hospital, in Porterville which was a 12 hour drive. My mom and my aunt were in the hospital room with my dad. It was quite shocking to see him sleeping with his mouth wide open. At this time, I did not know that my dad was terminal. I noticed his chart was clipped to the end of his bed and I picked it up and read it. Down at the bottom of the first page, it said 'terminal'. I asked my mother why she never had told me that he was terminal. She said she didn't know. I don't believe my mother had ever asked the doctors that question. Or maybe it was too unimaginable for her to accept. After a few days, my Dad was stable, and he came back home.

I had a friend in Eureka, stay at my house to take care of my dogs while I was gone. I wasn't sure if or when I would return home, so I enrolled my kids at the elementary school in Terra Bella. Because my dad had trouble sleeping and sometimes would roam around the house all night, I suggested to my mom that we take shifts taking care of him. I told her that I would take the night shift, and she could watch him during the daytime. My mother was exhausted. At this point, my dad couldn't speak and I'm not sure if he understood me. He would look at me when I talked to him, sometimes smiling, sometimes just looking off in the distance. I would sit by him on the couch in the wee hours of the night and into the morning as we watched all his favorite TV shows, or just listen to Swing and Big Band music on the TV. Most of the time, we would sit in silence. I would talk to my Dad but he never could respond. He never ate, and never drank which bothered me a lot. I was still trying to make him better despite the terminal diagnosis from his doctor. I had the idea that if I could get him to eat and drink than he could recover. So I tried everything.

Fortunately, my Dad never felt any pain during the time I was there. He wasn't taking any medications. And despite this, he never cringed or grimaced. I was confused by this, but very thankful that he didn't seem like he felt any pain. I believed that the bladder cancer had spread to his brain. Later I found out that it had spread to his lungs and his liver as well. I remember one day in March, he had an appointment at the cancer center in Porterville. I had to get him down 2 steps in the garage and into the car. My mom had gotten him a wheel chair for this reason. That morning, I will never forget. I noticed that his face had gotten pretty scrappy looking. He needed a shave. My dad shaved his face every day and would never go out in public with an unshaven face. I had no idea how to shave a man's face, but I tried. I got a bowl of very warm water out and a large wash rag, his razor, and his shaving cream. My dad was sitting at the kitchen table. I asked my mom how I should do this. She tried to instruct me, but she really didn't know either. I tried laying the warm wash rag on his face to soften up his whiskers. But he kept taking it off. I didn't give up. It was pretty comical actually. When I thought he was ready, I began shaving his face. It looked awful with patches of smooth skin amongst the whiskers. That's when I had the bright idea to use Nair on him. I read the bottle, it said not to leave on more than 5 minutes, and not to rub it in. I figured that I could just wipe it off in 5 minutes and he'd have a smooth face. As I smoothed it on him I told him not to rub it in. But he rubbed it in all over his face. This wasn't going to work so immediately I just wiped it all off and cleaned him up. So much for the bright idea.

We then got him ready to go to his appt. We had to get him down the stairs in the wheel chair. This was not easy! Finally I rolled him through the garage and out to my mom's car. I was trying to lift him up and place him in the passenger seat, but he was resisting. I tried for 20 minutes from the back, under his arms, to lift him up. Then in front of him I wrapped my arms around his back and tried to pull him up. Nothing. He was resisting. Finally, I just stood there and said, 'Dad, you have to get in the car'. Just like that, he stood up, on his own, and got into the car! I buckled him in. I couldn't believe it! But that's my Dad. He had always been stubborn, lovable, and the life of the party. I only remember him going to one appointment for a chemo treatment and frankly I don't know why he was going. I don't believe my mom took him to any more. After a couple of weeks, my dad was slipping away even more. I remember the day before he went to the hospital, I was sitting on the couch next to him, and I was distraught and in tears. This was very embarrassing for me because we were taught to never cry. But I think I had hit my breaking point.

I looked at my dad with tears streaming down my face and said 'Dad why can't you get better?' He looked at me with all the love in the world in his eyes and put his arm around me. That was the first time he had ever done that! It was such a tender moment, I'll never forget it. The next day we drove him to the hospital, he was unresponsive and we didn't know what to do. By the next morning he had slipped into a coma. This was now the first of April, 1998. I phone my 4 sister's and my brother of the news that Dad was in a coma. Soon, my 2 oldest sister's, Donna and Trudy, and Donna's husband Larry, had driven up in their RV to stay in the hospital parking lot to be near my dad. They had hoped that they could talk to him one last time before he passed away. They had been here for a couple of days and Dad had not woken up at all. That night I went back home to my parent's house and went to bed. I woke up at 4:00 from a dream that was so very REAL! In this dream, I was in my Dad's hospital room standing by his bedside, and I looked down at him and he opened his eyes and was awake. I was so happy!! So I got dressed and ran out the door, got into my car and RACED to the hospital. I just knew he was awake! I got to the hospital, and I remember I ran inside, and ran past the guard, and down the hall into my Dad's room. My mom and aunt Betty were both there sleeping in chairs.

I walked over to his bedside, and looked down at him and said, 'Dad?'. He opened his eyes!! I said, 'Dad, can you here me?' and he nodded his head yes! I was so excited!!! I woke up my mom and my aunt and told them the news! I told my Dad I would be right back and that Donna and Trudy were outside. I ran back outside into the parking lot to my sister's RV. I banged on the door and hollered out that it was me and to wake up. Trudy opened the door and I told them that Dad had woken up. They got dressed really quick and came inside to his room. I was so happy that he was still awake! Donna and Trudy both leaned over Dad and smiled and said 'hi Dad!'. He smiled back at them. He patted my sister Donna's head like he used to do. He still couldn't talk but he was awake and aware. They got to talk to him, and he could answer by nodding his head. He stayed awake for a few hours. I left to go back home to take a quick shower, and when I returned a couple of hours later, he was back in his coma.

The nurses told me that he was in pain so they gave him more morphine. He never woke up after that and passed away about a week later. ------- A few months later, in July of 1998, I had moved to my new house with my Livingston, Ca. I had stayed with my mother to help take care of her and help her adjust to living alone for a while, but it was time for me to move on. I was still extremely grief stricken from losing my Dad. I had tried everything I could think of to make him better and to get him to eat, and nothing worked. We had lived in Livingston for about a month when I had another dream. In this dream, I was very distraught and crying and my Dad appeared in front of me and he had this glow all around him and he was smiling at me. I asked him, 'Dad, why did you have to die?'. He answered, 'I had to die to get better'. When I woke up, I felt such a sense of peace. I knew exactly what he had meant. He was emotionally sick, which had manifested into a physical illness - cancer. While living, he was unable to heal from this. But his passing gave him clarity. My grieving ended that day.

Was this experience difficult to express in words? No

Did you ONLY sense an awareness of presence of the deceased without actually seeing, hearing, feeling or smelling them? No

Did you hear the deceased or hear something associated with the deceased? Yes

Describe what you heard, how clearly you heard it and what was communicated: I seen him and heard him clearly. More clearly than normal. There was perfect understanding. I am not sure if I seen his mouth move, or that he spoke telepathically to me. But he looked exactly the same.

Did the voice or sound seem to originate externally or outside of you, inside you, or did you not hear a voice or sound, but had a sense of knowing what was communicated? Seemed external

If you heard a voice or sound, was it similar or dissimilar from the voice or sound the deceased made when they were alive? Similar

Is there any possibility what you heard was from any other source present in the surroundings at the time of your experience? No

Was there any possible impairment to your hearing at the time of the experience? No, I was asleep.

Did you feel a touch or experience any physical contact from the deceased? No

Did you see the deceased? Yes

He stood before me wearing his normal work clothes. Green long sleeve welding shirt, and Levi 501's. I have since made pieces of his shirt into a quilt block.

How clearly did the deceased appear? Solid

How much of the deceased did you see? All

Did the deceased appear or not appear to be the age at which they died? He was the age at when he died.

How healthy did the deceased appear to be? He looked happy and perfectly healthy.

Is there any possibility what you saw was from any other source present in the surroundings at the time of your experience? No

Did you smell a distinct smell, scent, fragrance or odor associated with the deceased? No

How long did the experience last? A few seconds.

Was the beginning and end of the experience gradual or more sudden? He gave me the message, and then I woke up.

Could you sense the emotions or mood of the deceased? Yes

He was happy and there was a glowing light around him. Radiant light

Did the deceased give you information you did not previously know? Yes! He said 'I had to die to get better'. His message meant that he got cancer due to him being emotionally sick. While living, he didn't understand the source of his illness, but upon his death, it became clear to him. Thus he healed.

How do you currently view the reality of your experience? Experience was definitely real

Please explain why you view the reality of your experience as real or not real: The first time he appeared to me in my dream state, he had been in a coma, and the message was that he was awake. I went to the hospital, and he was conscious and alert. The second time he appeared in a dream, I had been distraught with grief, and after the dream, I was at peace. It was definitely real , both times.

Was the experience dream like in any way? Yes

I was asleep when my Dad appeared to me in my dreams. The messages he gave me helped give us closure.

Describe in detail your feelings/emotions during the experience: Extreme joy both instances.

Was there any emotional healing in any way following the experience? Yes

I understood that although the body may be in a coma or even die, that the soul never sleeps and is eternal.

What was the best and worst part of your experience? The best part is that my Dad gives me messages when I need them. There is no 'worst' part.

Has your life changed specifically as a result of your experience? Yes Describe: I know that if I need answers to any question, all that I have to do is ask and it will come to me in a dream.

Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the experience? Yes After those communications, I know that telepathy is real and that it does not matter what condition the body is in.

Did the experience give you any spiritual understandings such as life, death, afterlife, God, etc.? Yes The soul is everlasting. The body has nothing to do with soul to soul communication.

Death Compacts are when two or more living people promise among themselves that whoever dies first will try to contact the other(s). Have you ever made such a compact? No

Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events during your experience that could be verified later? Yes I had a dream in which I seen my Dad in a hospital bed and had just awoken from a coma. I immediately went to the hospital, and looked down at him in his bed, and he woke up and opened his eyes.

What emotions did you feel during the experience? Understanding, peace, happiness, joy, and LOVE.

Was the experience witnessed or experienced by others? Yes

The first time, it was 4:00 a.m. and I had woken up from a dream where in it my Dad came through and he was awake. I remember seeing him in his hospital bed, laying on his back, and his eyes were open and I knew he was awake. I got dressed, and drove the 1/2 hour to get to the hospital. Ran down the hallways into his room. My mom and aunt were in chairs sleeping, I leaned over my Dad, and looked at him, and he opened his eyes and looked at me. I said, 'Dad can you hear me?', he nodded yes. I told him Donna and Trudy were here and I'll go get them. He nodded. My mom and aunt had woken up at this point. I ran to the RV in the parking lot and woke up my sisters and brother in law, banging wildly on the door and hollering Dad's awake, Dad's awake!. They got dressed and came inside, and were able to talk to him and tell him they love him. He patted my sister Donna on the head like he always did when she was little. It was a very emotional and loving moment.

Did you have any sense of altered space or time? No

Did you have a sense of knowing, special knowledge, universal order and/or purpose? Yes

I understood the reason that my Dad got cancer.

Did you become aware of future events? No

Did you have any psychic, paranormal or other special gifts following the experience that you did not have prior to the experience? Uncertain

I don't know if this is relevant. But 10 years before my Dad died I said something that I'll never forget. I was 23, and temporarily was living with my parents with my 2 small children. This day, it was hectic, and my dad and I got into an argument. He was yelling at me about my parenting skills. I was very angry and my mom suggested we take a drive with the kids to get out of the house. She was driving, and I was very upset and crying and blurted out 'I can't wait for 10 years and he'll be dead!'. I shouldn't have ever said that and I regretted it as soon as I said it. I've never said anything like that before. The year was 1988. My Dad was healthy then. My Dad died in 1998.

Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? No

Did you meet or see any other beings other than the deceased? No

Did you see a light? Yes

When my dad appeared to me in a dream after he had died, there was a glow surrounding his body as he spoke to me.

Did any part of your experience seem to occur in a place other than the location described above? No

Have you shared this experience with others?

Yes I told my family right away after the first dream and they thought it was amazing. It affected all of them in a positive way and they were very grateful that it occurred.

Have you shared this experience formally or informally with any other researcher or web site? No

Is there anything else you would like to add regarding your experience? no

Were there any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience? No

Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? No

Did you ever in your life have a near-death experience, out of body experience or other spiritual event? Yes

Several actually. I am telepathic with my husband and children. I know when my sister's are sick, because I will feel depressed and sick. They live far from me. After my mother passed, I began learning about natural cures as a way to sustain the rest of my family. I found a folk remedy website and just fell in love with it and for the next 10 years, used it consistently to help friends and family overcome their illnesses. One day I learned about an energy healing class in Hawaii and although this was new to me, I knew that I had to go to it. There were 70 people in the class at a hotel in Kona. I wore my EarthClinic t-shirt the first day. After I sat down, the lady next to me laughed and said, 'Oh you're the other one that bought a shirt'. I said, 'What do you mean?'. She said, I am the owner of EarthClinic! Whoa! That blew me away!!! We became friends. The last day of the class, our instructor gave us a channeled message. I've never heard of or seen someone channel before. She began by saying that it's taken 13 years to get his (she channeled an ancient male monk master healer from Tibet) student's together in one room. And told us this amazing story from 900 AD. One by one, he pointed out his 6 student's that came to this class. My new friend, and I were 2 of his 6 student's. We had shared a past life together. There are more stories but this form has taken a long time to fill out.

Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your experience? Yes

Please offer any suggestions you may have to improve this questionnaire. I cannot think of any suggestions. Your questionnaire seems just right.