Shannon W's ADC
Do you have any comments about the relationship you had with the deceased? Ted "Buzz", father...we were always very close. I believe that we shared an intuitive relationship.
*DeDe's mother...DeDe was a former client of mine (I was her realtor in purchase of first home) and I met her mother during the time we worked together. It was a short relationship but made during a highly emotional experience.
*sister in-laws father...I was not very close to my sister in-law or her father but, am close to my brother.
*one of my customers...young woman that committed suicide. She and her mother had been customers of my mothers for 15yrs at her clothing store. I had recently taken over her business and had met the young woman several times.
*Tracy, friend...I had
known Tracy for approx. two years. Our friendship began when I was her realtor
in the purchase of home and subsequent sale and purchase. We really enjoyed
each others company.
1. Immediately after he had passed we were ushered into his room. I was with my mother, daughter, and husband. We were all crying. I suddenly had a feeling of peace and I said "It's okay, it's okay. Look, dad is not having any trouble. It's okay." I then "saw" what reminds me of the cosmos...or a black starry night spinning in my dad's chest. It was spinning very very fast and moving up his body and finally exploding out of the top of his head. It was beautiful.
2. About one hour later I was sitting outside of the hospital. I had my eyes closed and suddenly could feel my dad standing behind me with his hands on my shoulders. I don't know if I felt or heard him say (in my head) that everything was okay and that he loved me.
3. Two nights before funeral (we had made funeral arrangements on this day) I was at our store. It was the first time I had been up here in the five days since my father's death. I was listening to music (very loud) and reading letters and looking at pics. I started to mop the floor at approx. 4am. I was at the front of the store and a woman walking by stopped and looked in. It looked as if she might looking at our displays. She had a garbage bag in each hand and remember it is about 4am. I assumed she was homeless BUT, she looked extremely happy! Almost ecstatic. We looked at each other and she said, "It's beautiful, just beautiful". I do not know how I heard her...the music was blaring, she was outside and the doors were shut and locked. I thanked her and continued to mop the floor. Suddenly I realized that "she" was my dad! And he was letting me know that where ever he was it was beautiful. I threw the mop down and ran outside. "She" was half way down the block and I yelled to her..."I just want to thank you so much"! Without stopping she looked back over her shoulder and said "anytime'.
4. This experience with my father was witnessed by my husband, three children, cousin and a friend. My brother had called me earlier in the day to let me know that he wanted to keep the golf club he was going to put in dad's casket to give to his son when he was older. It was the night before my dad's funeral and all above people including myself were at my store looking at pictures of my dad and reading letters and cards he had saved from 1955. At approx. 10pm I looked outside to check on my children and my son Ben was out front swinging a golf club. When I asked him where he got it he pointed to an office two doors down from our store and told me it was right in front of that office. Our store is located in downtown St. Pete on a main street with No gold courses nearby. My brother lives an hour and a half away and had not been to my home or store.
5. Day after funeral I was on the computer late at night. I think I dozed off and suddenly my dad's face zoomed right in front of me. His face was very close to mine and he said something. I cannot remember what it was only that it was funny. He then zoomed out very fast. I opened my eyes and said to myself "wow, did that really happen"
The other experiences all involved thoughts that came to me from no where...well, not really no where but, no where that I knew of. I had to stop what I was doing and get out of bed on one occasion and write these thoughts down. I wrote them exactly as I "thought" or "heard" them. Not changing anything at all. Only to find beautiful messages from the deceased to their loved ones. One (DeDe's mother) happened when I was in bed dozing off for the night. I "heard" these words and HAD to get out of bed and write them down. It was beautiful. I then printed it out on parchment paper (about 20copies) rolled them up and tied them with a ribbon. I did not understand the entire meaning of what I had written until the next day at the funeral. When I arrived I saw DeDe and gave her a copy. We were in the foyer of the funeral home and she began to read it. When she was finished she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said how did you know? "Know what" I asked. She took me into the room where the service was to take place and pointed to the front of the room. And, there where the casket would normally be was a large assortment of paintings that her mother (Geri, I just remembered her name) had painted. In the middle of them all was a very large painting. Geri had just finished it before she passed away. It was a beautiful butterfly painted all the colors of the rainbow.....one of the lines in my writing was..."on rainbows high and butterflies I will always be with you". It was at that moment that I understood why I HAD to write those words the night before.
There have been many
times after a death that I "hear" words and have to write them down. They
always seem to have a message that means "something" to loved ones. Things that
I would have no knowledge of.
Have you had multiple experiences? Yes at least six that I am aware of.
Was this experience difficult to express in words? Uncertain
Uncertain only because I am not sure if people thought or think I am a bit "nutty" and only wishing that these things have happened.
Did you ONLY sense an awareness of presence of the deceased without actually seeing, hearing, feeling or smelling them?
Did you hear the deceased or hear something associated with the deceased? Uncertain
Describe what you heard, how clearly you heard it and what was communicated: I don't know if I "hear" them. I don't actually hear their voices in my ears as much as I hear them internally...
Did the voice or sound seem to originate externally or outside of you, inside you, or did you not hear a voice or sound, but had a sense of knowing what was communicated? I hear them inside and sometimes I think that I just sense them.
Is there any possibility what you heard was from any other source present in the surroundings at the time of your experience? no
Was there any possible impairment to your hearing at the time of the experience? no
Did you feel a touch or experience any physical contact from the deceased? Yes
I was sitting outside of the hospital when my I felt my dad standing behind me with his hands on my shoulders.
Was the touch familiar or unfamiliar? It was familiar but, had such an all encompassing comfort along with it. It may have felt a little bit stronger in the sense of confidence.
Was anything communicated by the touch? That everything was okay.
Is there any possibility what you felt was from any other source present in the surroundings at the time of your experience? no
Did you see the deceased? Yes
yes, when I dozed off at the computer. Just a very fast close up of my dad;s face in my face. He said something funny and zoomed away. He looked great. Healthy and happy.
How clearly did the deceased appear? somewhat cartoonish....like when you look in the rear view mirror and the middle part of your face looks closer. He was also somewhat transparent...with white-ish like streaks that followed him when he zoomed away.
How much of the deceased did you see? I saw his face and then the rest of his body seemed like a vapor...
Did the deceased appear or not appear to be the age at which they died? He appeared younger and healthier.
How healthy did the deceased appear to be? His face was fuller and healthy looking. My dad had lost a lot of weight during the last year.
Is there any possibility what you saw was from any other source present in the surroundings at the time of your experience? no
Did you smell a distinct smell, scent, fragrance or odor associated with the deceased? No
How long did the experience last? It was VERY quick. Maybe five seconds...
Was the beginning and end of the experience gradual or more sudden? sudden....like he zoomed in very quickly and then zoomed out just as quickly.
Could you sense the emotions or mood of the deceased? Yes
Yes, he was happy...jovial. He said something funny and got right into my face.
Did the deceased give you information you did not previously know? no
How do you currently view the reality of your experience? Experience was definitely real
Please explain why you view the reality of your experience as real or not real: I believe my experiences to be real for one because my dad and I have always been so close and I know that he wanted to be sure I understood that he was wonderful. My son finding the gold club was surely a message from my dad.
Was the experience dream like in any way? No
Describe in detail your feelings/emotions during the experience: I felt very happy...connected to my dad. It was tremendously fulfilling.
Was there any emotional healing in any way following the experience? Yes
Yes, it is healing knowing that my dad wanted to let me know that he is okay and that he loves me.
What was the best and worst part of your experience? The best part was knowing all is good the worst part is knowing that things have changed.
Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the experience? N0 comment Did the experience give you any spiritual understandings such as life, death, afterlife, God, etc.? Yes yes, that we are all connected. The we continue to live .. just in a different way. And that there is a Higher Power.
Death Compacts are when two or more living people promise among themselves that whoever dies first will try to contact the other(s). Have you ever made such a compact? Uncertain
I don't remember ever having made any compacts with my dad.
Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events during your experience that could be verified later? N0 response
What emotions did you feel during the experience? A mixture of happiness and sadness at the same time. Happiness knowing that my dad lives on and sadness knowing that our relationship had changed and that I would not "see" my dad in the ways I was use to.
Was the experience witnessed or experienced by others? Yes
This response is for the 3rd experience with my father and was witnessed by my husband, three children, cousin and a friend. My brother had called me earlier in the day to let me know that he wanted to keep the golf club he was going to put in dad's casket to give to his son when he was older. It was the night before my dad's funeral and all above people including myself were at my store looking at pictures of my dad and reading letters and cards he had saved from 1955. At approx. 10pm I looked outside to check on my children and my son Ben was out front swinging a golf club. When I asked him where he got it he pointed to an office two doors down from our store and told me it was right in front of that office. Our store is located in downtown St. Pete on a main street with No gold courses nearby. My brother lives an hour and a half away and was had not been to my home or store.
Did you have any sense of altered space or time? No
Did you have a sense of knowing, special knowledge, universal order and/or purpose? Yes
yes, I feel that I know we are all connected and that everyone of us has the ability to communicate with each other without using our voices.
Have you shared this experience with others? Yes
Have you shared this experience formally or informally with any other researcher or web site? Yes
yes, yesterday I submitted a brief description about the experiences with my dad. i can't remember the website.
Is there anything else you would like to add regarding your experience? It was extremely wonderful. It has left me feeling confident that my dad is and will always be with me. And that he is on to the next journey.
Were there any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience? No
Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? No
Did you ever in your life have a near-death experience, out of body experience or other spiritual event? Yes
When I was very young, 5 or 6yrs old, I remember feeling as if I was floating above my bed and suddenly dropping back...with the feeling of hitting the mattress.
Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your experience? Yes
Yes, I believe that I have conveyed the events, feelings, and thoughts accurately for the questions asked.